The Waiting

Dear Future Husband,

I am finding myself. I have many undiscovered talents and potential within me. I am slowly becoming the person you will meet one day. I want to become a stronger, wiser, and a caring person so when you will meet me, you will fall for the real me. 

I do not want to become someone I am not. I assure you that as I wait for you, I will work on preparing myself. To meet my other half, I have to change into what my other half looks in me, as well for him. For two pieces to fit together, both have to mold themselves to become a piece, and then change together to stay fitting together during life's adversities and victories.

I know you are out there, but while I wait, I will follow the stars of my dreams to achieving to success, so when it crosses your path, I will be shining and glowing with pride. I want our children to know that character and value matters more than physical looks. So when we tell them our story, it will be our testimony of the values we uphold.

I look forward to hearing your story, for my story is barely starting, but I will wait for you. I pray to God to give you strength and courage. So when the day comes to our wedding, I will look back to this letter and weep of the joy of the journey it took to get there. 

Your Loving Waiting Wife, 

Jacqueline Hernandez