When Days End Slowly

Moonlit night with a crescent above you, and you, still in precious awe as our lips touched. Your eyes, blue with wonders seen inside to what a future could be, and as the rain fell, we left the night on hold to what ever sin that could be done that night.  

I look back to this time and always remember how special it was when we didn’t even care if our clothes were wet. You later met my family; oh, how they loved you! The dinner table found my family to be happiest in a long time, and I also felt the same. It was genuine, and I was wondering how long it could last, how long would it be until I scare you off to leave me with nothing but a broken mirror and some dilapidated photos, that fail to put joy within me.

That didn’t happen yet, not until maybe my first year of school of the coming weeks. You wanted to be friends, but you were the only one I knew, and feelings of love could not cease. With the love never ceasing the drugs did not calm, and the liquor did not numb, the sorrows that I poured out in the night of all chaos. The moonlight still shines with a crescent above me, and I continue to long for what you brought me.