Where I am From

Where I’m From

Simonne Boice

I am from an old beat-up doll, from littlest pet shop and a hot pink Barbie scooter that made all my friend jealous,

I am from actually believing I was Cailou and debating, yelling and throwing a tantrum whenever I was told otherwise,

I am from pencils stuck in itchy casts, not being able to write and the constant “how did you break your arm”,

I am from Family Game Night, and from never making it past the sixth round of Phase 10,

I am from glimmering fireworks on the beach, allnighters that last three hours, and from crashing the four-wheeler again,

I am from empty beaches where the huge waves get everything soaked, from salty wet hair, and from no matter how hard you try sand getting everywhere,

I am from shimmering white and black keys, and from having a mini heart attack before every recital,

I am from missing left shin guards, smelly cleats, and scrambling to make to practice on time,

I am becoming an essay, equation and an endless quiz but knowing its all for a good reason,

I hope to graduate high school

I hope to go to college

I hope to live in a different world then where I am now

but always rembember where i am from