Where I'm From

Locations

77539
77539

Where I’m from babies are having babies, mothers are too strung out on all the drugs that grandparents have raised their teens. Where I’m from children are fatherless raised by false male figures who strike down there ambitions. Where I’m from young girls wear long sleeves to cover not only physical scars but emotional ones that no one can see. Where I’m from girls hate each other because of pants sizes and hair length. Where I’m from gangs have walked the streets claiming lives for graves marked unknown. Where I’m from tears have stained the broken glass upon the floor where a mother has fought for her life. Where I’m from the sun shines bright as the palm trees sway in the wind. Where I’m from the sweet tea is homemade and the oranges grow wild and free. Where I’m from families have been broken and bridges burned. Where I’m from they have discriminated against the love she found. Where I’m from teens fill the hall ways and point at the girl caught kissing another girl by the stair case. Where I’m from there was judgment. Where I’m from hearts are broken over a higher power above, the tears stain the bathroom floor as a young girl tries to claim her life. The voices of one’s loved confuse and contort. Where I’m from the beach towns spread wide and free as so does the conscious of a freed mind. Where I’m from gay wasn’t a proud thing to be. Holding hands with her in the hall way was looked down upon. Where I’m from the past isn’t forgiven. The past is a constant reminder of how strong you can be. It continues to motivate the heart to search out and find the one to help heal those scars. Where I’m from, love prevails in the end; you’ll have the one who will cradle you close and break down the walls that time and pain have built up.