Where I'm from

Where I’m from, people work day to day to sustain their families and the daily food is always there, my dad works it the same way struggling day to day to provide our needs and our likes.

Where I’m from, Arroz con leche dulce y chocolate makes our mornings very sweet and comfortable, doors are brown like light boxes carried by Antonio Lara neighbor to the left of our house, while on Saturday nights we can hear the screams of our neighbors, “Gooool” when a soccer team scores.

Where I’m from, there are always white plates and grey forks to wash with soap smelling like apples being eaten with some caramel and a sponge to take away all the waste, two bed rooms decorated with brown wood, the principal room painted in a bright brown as the chocolate milk, “Chuy y Carlos”, mom yells every day to advise us that the food is ready to eat, in a table made out of marble.

Where I’m from, everybody is happy with what they have and don’t care if seen as poor, with a simple salutation “Hola, como estas?” Everybody asks, all the young people playing in the back, watching “El Chavo” and “Capulina” laughing till you drop, sharing all together the word of God and having interesting conversations.       

Where I’m from, we are not afraid of what others think about us, because we are proud of being what we are, Mexicans and speak such a beautiful Spanish language, and I’m not going to stop what I have learned because that is my home, where I’m from.     

moronesjesus

Got inspired thinking about my family, my people, and on the place I'm from