While Fighting is a Heartbeat, Healing is an Eternity

If I look at you I can see my future,

The dreamy twilight wrapping us in envied silence, coy smiles and wispy words sliding over unsaid emotions,

The flowers poking their heads out to listen to whispered secrets, words a sugary slur,

The confession a hurried mix of nervous hands and downcast eyes, carefully stepping into velvety normalcy,

If I look at you I can see it.

If I close my eyes I can still see you smiling in the moonlight,

The shifty eyes of passerbys leaving us breathless, poised hands entangled in frosty contact,

The cars passing carry our dreams into delicate remarks, light emotions taking root in the holes formed by broken hearts,

The grass poking into our sides, sharp pains covered by cushioned compliments,

If I close my eyes I can still go there.

If I lay down at night and stare into darkness I can still hear your voice,

The walls caving in as we yelled, the house choked on our words for us,

The bittersweet sting of phrases behind locked teeth, flames danced in your eyes with fickle care,

The night retreated to nothingness, words fought their way through roughed brains causing silence,

If I lay down at night I can still go there.

If I watch the hands of a clock move I can still remember your tears,

The soft hands touching shoulders, months of silence broken with a single string of raw emotion,

The conversation lingered awkwardly for a breath, stagnant air leaving a chance to reconcile,

The answer hanging loosely on my  lips, unsure as raindrops sliding down broken glass,

If I watch the hands of a clock move I can still go there.

If I listen to the wind I can still hear you saying “it will be ok.”

The burn of piecing together what was broken, not quite the same trying to be better than before,

The first honeyed smile afterward causing a twinkle of hope to burst, filling hearts with renewed care,

The perfumed scent of forgiveness, a faint hum of flooding emotions,

If I listen to the wind I can still go there.

If I look at you I can see my future,

The rocky face of time eroded by nights washed in starlight-lined memories, lilac powdered kisses stain your lips,

The beating of unsteady hearts calmed by cool care, protective arms locking in feather-light touch,

The tart taste of understanding, growth a steady blossom taking root,

If I look at you I can see the future with you.

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerful expression! Please continue to express your life your heart and your soul! Keep sharing!