Why do we need scholarships ?

Tue, 10/29/2013 - 16:02 -- tuan

Hi! My name is Tuan Nguyen. I’m from Vietnam which means that i am an immigrant. I came to United states when i was in the middle of ninth grade in high school. Now, i’ve been in United States for almost 3 years. I came to United States with my mom, 2 brothers, and some other relatives. When I first arrived, I attend an ESL school which is Shawnee High School. I had been staying and studying there for almost one year until tenth grade, then i transferred to Iroquois high school where I currently still attend. So far, in my senior year, I’ve been asking and applying for scholarships for colleges. As i notice since I came to Iroquois was that my school counselor has been trying and putting a lot of forces on promoting every student in school to apply for colleges, scholarships, and financial aids. Pretty much attention on what the counselor tries recently has helped me realized that it is time to focus on colleges and everything that is concerned. So, there are reasons that I need scholarships for my my future is that scholarship is as an investment for myself. As I think scholarships are not a handout, it’s like big competitions for everybody around all the places. There are a lot of people who are deserving and competing for scholarships as same as what i’ve been willing to do. There are scholarships that are set up for everybody to have an opportunity to learn and contribute as best as they can to the community. That was my first thought next is my second thought. Scholarships mostly consider GPA, ACT score, and some other requirements. They may be based on students’ interest in career, major, and activities. What scholarships have been trying to is to help students achieve their goals in the future. Next thought is that, scholarships try to help students whose parents have low incomes or don’t have enough ability to pay for the tuition. Next thing about scholarship. Scholarships are  like a competition for every students around all the places. Some scholarships require a lot of forces and attempts to put on, that means students have to struggle a lot to deserve what they need for their future.
Scholarships are what most students really love about is because scholarship is free money. Scholarship is being given and devoted as a lovely gift for every student all over the places that they don’t have to repay unlike loans. Giving free money is a way that scholarship tries to help and promotes student to attend college and achieve their goal. Another good thing that scholarship can improve every student is about practicing writing an essay. Writing about personal statement may not be an easy task, but it may be a good practice for job interview and some verbal conversations. Last thought is that, in order to have free money to go to scholarships, students need to is apply and get involved, which means if I don’t apply for scholarship, I won’t win, I’’ be asking myself where the free money come from!