Why I'm Free

35216

My grandfather once asks me, “What would you do to change people’s lives?” How could I answer this unimaginable question, I could not give him an elementary answer like be a cop or doctor it had to be stronger and deeper than that. Then I heard the poem of the ‘I know Why Cage Bird Sing’ by Maya Angelou bam I found the answer to the question. I will be the free bird that heals the cage bird wings, untie his feet, and show him how to fly. I will be Marten Luther king Jr. and Malcolm X I will show power and strength but never use violets. I will be a terrorist to lies and ignorance. I will wage war against the world fiction and my weapon is not a fist or a gun but a pen. My pen will write sweet melodies of truth like Beethoven’s 5th. To them I enemy number one My bounty $16,000 capture but to the free cage bird I’m their number one hero who showed them freedom and in return will show other freedom. In my eyes I am not hero or a soldier I am a poet who open eyes and release cage minds that use words as weapon and a pen as keys to unlock the cage bird that sing for freedom.