Winter Heart

And there you are, a single leaf lingering in the breeze, a beautiful memory meant just for me

There is a hole in my heart that only you can fill, but the branches have overgrown in your absence

Nothing lives there now except the cold winter breeze, echoing about where once your love warmed its walls

Small creatures of love once kept warm inside, have fled the nest where life has died

You say that another will fill this void, but you have created in my heart a wound that no man can heal

I am not sad though for the pain reminds me that I am alive, you were not the first nor the last to puncture my heart with those fingers of love once so trusted.

The heart is fragile, the ultimate trust is to allow another to hold it, and betrayal is when he grabs it in his fist and crushes it with greedy fingers of passionate hate, the blood as fresh and warm as the love he promised me forever.

I still cry for you, my love. I cry for your absence, how the building hums with silence instead of the echoes of your laughter which still reverbrate through my cluttered thoughts. I still sleep fitfully, my mind apprehensive for the first good morning, last goodnight, and constant declarations of love and affection. My heart aches and my body yearns for you my dear, the warmth of your caring gaze and the softness of your skin slowly dragging across mine. My nose and lips and cheeks are always blushed red with the thought of your lipps, but have grown cold in their wait for you. I have a sense of having moved on, but you were such a large part of my life that I am unsure of how to live it without you there. We planned a future, and since it has yet to be made, I can create it without you, but that doesn't mean I want to.