A World of War

It seems that all of history revolves around wars. What do you truly remember about your history classes that didnt involve an uprising, conquering, invasion, or backstabbing? What I'm stating is that war has truly shaped the world we live today and has and will always be a major part of our existence.

People have different views when it comes to the subject and who could blaim them? on one hand you have the gung ho patriotic U.S. Citizen for life and on the other you have the world peace, mother nature loving, hold hands with your fellow brethren bunch. now neither side truly has the advantage and there will never be an agreement over which is in the right. my opinion to be truly honest is that we need war to survive and move on, its like a relationship where the two will argue and soon make up. True some don't make up but this shows God's hand in things.     

There are a few aspects of war which I don't agree with such as some of the political involvement in this. In the past, such as the english resonasice even the king would be part of the battle and would fight nobaly with his men even to death. Today our "leaders" sit back and fill paperwork for drone strikes and make a call to send a couple thousand troops into a major city, all this of course while getting their reccomended night's sleep and drinking their morning joe. It was  Rob Bourdon, vocalist for Linkin Park, who said,"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." our troops are fighting for a group of rich  political figures who tell them that what they are doing is couragous and honorable. But is it really? We fight for a man who has to be told what to say so he does'nt ruin his reputation, we fight for a man who will play golf while men are dying overseas, we fight for a man who is told what to wear and stays locked in his armored castle while our troops try and sleep in the open. We fight for someone who does'nt deserve to be called a man. But those who fight should be leading this nation. The world is cold and the bold take action, these are the men and women who risk their lives for ours and allow us to sit and type these essays and poems for scholarships. It really makes me think about what I've done today and what will I decide to do for the rest of my life. Truth is I still don't know. Truth is I want to be one that will stand and fight for what is right and what will protect my family and loved ones. 

So what are you going to do when you know all this is happening around you? #YOWO

zactbright

I wrote this inspired by those who have given their lives and time for this country throughout our history. They will not go in vain. Thank you for your service.