A Writer's Assistant

Sun, 03/23/2014 - 16:13 -- kryssyv

A young, lonely autistic teen bonds with fellow strangers over My Little Pony at a convention.

"For the first time," he says with a wide grin on his face, "I feel like I belong somewhere."

Motorola was inspired by Star Trek to create the world's first cellular phone.

Each year, the cellular phone is getting more and more advanced and is now in the palms of almost every single American.

Men and Women were (and still are) heartbroken over Firefly's early cancellation.

With much persistence and support, they managed to get the creator to produce a film to finish off the series more formally, years later.

Sesame Street was a children's show that first was considered controversial, because of its topics such as divorce and racism.

Now it is one of the most popular and running shows that is still on air, loved by children and adults worldwide.

Some people call it the "Idiot Box" because it turns humans into mindless zombies without an original thought in their minds.

Others say it's a drug that's hard to put down, one that feeds the addiction smoothly and subtly, and the producers are its dealers and pimps.

Love it or hate it, but you must admit that it's in all of our lives and homes, changing society every day. It's not just the real, terrifying documentaries, or the once in a lifetimes brought to you by the newsroom.

Fiction can transform just as much. The way you interrupt views on your own country, the way it inspires you to go out and do something, and how it changes your entire life is all due to the shows that really hit your heart.

Being a writer’s assistant is my one and only dream job, and even though it’ll change my life, I know it’ll change yours too.