Writer's Block

Blank screens and empty lines,
Meaningless phrases typed out
Again and
Again and 
Again.
While my mind is dull my
Heart is screaming!
Black silk dripping from scratches,
Dents, and cuts in the armor I keep inside.
Monotony brings its own kind of pain
And I have unwittingly become
Its victim.

jwiener

The imagery in this poem is amazing! I really like how your use of repetition in the beginning of the poem conveyed the monotony you were writing about. My favorite lines are "Black silk dripping from scratches, / Dents, and cuts in the armor I keep inside"- these words are extremely powerful and show the time and effort that goes into writing a great, heartfelt poem (like this one!). Keep writing! Have you ever thought of combining your poetry with multimedia? I think this poem would make an awesome video.

RebeccaYSPerez

The first few lines makes me think about when we are all typing out our beloved works onto the Power Poetry page, or on the computer at all. To be this poem made me think about the love we have with the poems we create, especially when it's a piece of work we feel is our "best piece." Contrariwise the poems we create afterwards leaves us feeling like we had only one love and that was our only chance.

I know that might not have been the message you were trying to convey but that's what I got out of it. Thank you so much for sharing this piece.

Becca.

katharos

Thank you so much to the both of you! I really appreciate the comments!