The Art Of The Mind

The art of meditation is a doorway that will lead you to its wisdom.

Yet your memories will reveal the secrets of conversation.

Then again, we are masterminds of obligations.

Even a creature of silent meditation.

See I look in the places that people forget that are there,

because there are people waiting for me to hear.

Standing by the pier, I hear the call of the sea.

It's whistling sound effect, slowly coating my feelings,

and then easing my mind of complications.

I float away from body, mind, and spirit.

To see an image of trajectory, displaying my error of entry.

Now only to see me losing my grip of control.

It looks like I failed at holding, my position of the mission.

Next time I'll figure out a solution.

Mafi Grey

Please comment as much as you can. It motivates me to write, when i have an audience behind me. Thanks

Madj G

I've read a few of your pieces and I must say, I'm quite intrigued. Some of your poems remind me of the works of James Baldwin. You're pretty good at conveying your story to the audience, although sometimes you leave us surrendering to suspense. Keep it up.

Mafi Grey

I'll never stop as long as there is rhythm left in mind. Falling to temptations, I'm like a big fancy racing car without any demonstrations.

Madj G

YES!

Mafi Grey

I'm working on four new poems right now and I have a bunch that i haven't added yet, but there will be some new work soon, you just wait girl.

Madj G

Four at once?! I'm horrible, I only posted one and I haven't written in forever. Seems like I have a perpetuated case of writers block. Yet you're rolling. I'm jealous.

Mafi Grey

Yeah I was like that for six months and now that I can finally pour my mind on the page, I won't stop until I have nothing to say. It gets like that sometimes, I just can't stand it when I can write anything.

Madj G

Then you definitely know how I feel. I observe my surroundings and the issues of society, read works from philosophers and shit, and even get on here for inspiration. So far, nothing.

Mafi Grey

Well maybe I could help you. Maybe even give you something to grab your attention. You could write about the rawness of something, something deep inside to help expand your inspiration. I mean write now as I'm replying to you, I have been looking at other people's work and I even been writing out some new poems, the ones I was just telling you about.

Madj G

The rawness of something... I've never thought about that. But the rawness of what? That's the question. Don't say love. I've been there and done that too many times. Even my boyfriend is tired of me using that as a point of focus, and as an excuse to not to search deep within myself for other topics to write about.

Mafi Grey

Sometimes a person has to reinvent themselves, to see what is clearly in front of them. Those six months were long, but I had work and drama to push out of my life. That's when I felt relax and refresh. Maybe you need an escape from reality or maybe just your life for right now. Maybe you should take a vacation or a trip to find your intern self and what I mean by rawness is yourself. Maybe something you never told somebody, maybe something you don't want anybody to know, but yourself.

I tell everyone my emotions and feelings when I write. It's the only why to release my anger, etc; but it's almost like having your very own therapist. Find that innocence that lurks within you, that person of disguise; that flare of flame that ignites you. That intern rawness of a beautiful black woman, it could be anything. Be that anonymous thing in the room that no one cares to look at. I view life like this every day, can't leave out the house without the sun glasses. Lol

Madj G

Oh my goodness. That was perfect. I need more people like you in my life. Be my friend.

Mafi Grey

Sure, why not? I need more people to help express themselves. I could always use another friend in this world.

Madj G

Good! Shoot me an email with your number?

Mafi Grey

Alr put your email down and I'll send you my number. I don't want everybody knowing my info. Lol

Madj G

Mafi Grey

Yeah you know