The Black Fruit

I see duplicates of me hanging from trees like suffocating fruit gasping for air

It’s not random who takes this position; no this is not a game of musical chairs

The black fruit are staring at a blue sky and white clouds with a thick layer of slavery, like dry contacts, its irritating their gaze

But like a book I can read their prayers and I know for a fact that they are not asking to stay

They’re asking to die

They are asking to lay

They are asking for their souls to get ripped out of their fleshly prisons by angles and carried away

Like an ambulance

To the promise land

But I can’t understand

Why as these black fruits are closing their eyes they’re set on fire all the way down to their slave imprinted eye glands

The people of the twenty first century think they know something about psychological pain

They had mothers and fathers picking cotton for free for economical gain

Getting stripped and getting whipped for resisting to submit, to give in, to compromise, to obey

Forced to eat the left over parts of swine and now we as a people are suffering from heart attacks and diabetes, brought up to think this is cultural

Now personally that’s what I recognize as a psychological stain

Our young women looking like clowns in parades

And our young men walking around sagging their pants to their knees resembling modern shackles and chains

Thinking their only options in this world is to sell drugs, strip, and rap or play in the NBA

Why every occupational dream of a black person has to be to perform and entertain?

How come some of us can’t have dreams to perform open heart surgeries and educate the young intellectual brain

Instead of being gang bangers and flashy women we become kings and queens

Stop having microwavable dreams like lean cuisine

and have fully prepared meals long enough to feed beyond 3 generational streams

You don’t have to have golden chains and rings to be considered successful

We are taught in America to reach for the stars and to be extra terrestrial

But only the ones who are down to earth are able to plant seeds and reap the benefits of fruits and vegetables