Butterflies

It took me a long time to realize that sometimes you have to completely fall apart to beome the best version of you,

And that even though you try so hard to control it, there is only so much that you can do.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you have to just allow life to take its toll,

Because trying to control every aspect of your life will eventually consume your soul.

I love the aspect of disappearing for a while to become the person that you were always meant to be,

And you have to do it for you, even if it something that everyone around you can not see.

A butterfly allows for its life to take over, without constantly trying to fight it,

Because it knows that even when things get hard, they can not allow it to make them quit.

Sometimes you have to allow your body to lead the way and take control,

Because even though you may feel like you think you know what is best, your mind and body knows what will allow you to feel whole.

I was once told that change is hard at first, messy in the middle, and glorious in the end,

And that even though it is hard at first to overcome bad habits, they do end up becoming a friend.

In the past couple of weeks it took a lot out of me to let go of the people and the things that were holding me back,

Because I realized that all of these things together were the things that were causing me to crack.

You can only go back so much before you realized that going in circles is going to get you nowhere,

And that may times it is not going to be easy, and that many things in life aren't fair.

Even though it feels like you are constantly trying to fight the same battle all the time,

Never allowing yourself to grow and evolve into the person that you are meant to be is even more of a crime.

It took me a long time to realize that when you are on a journey of self-discovery, you don't need everyone to know,

Because, unfortunately, not everyone is going to be rooting for you while you continue to grow.

Sometimes you have to hide in your cacoon for a while when you are looking to give yourself a try,

So that when you come out you are able to spread your wings and fly.