Cats

Sun, 04/20/2014 - 03:14 -- RianaH

Cats.

So many, everywhere, round eyes, nine lives, agile like octopi, night hunters that pounce and jump.

Who can speak for these cats that only say Meow?

Kittens trapped beneath a porch infested with fleas, abandoned litters when mom disappears, and batches upon batches brought to animal shelters only to be killed.

My dream job is to reduce the overpopulation and senseless slaughter of these furry felines.

Slitted eyes opening up to down, swishing tails trembling as they stalk, babies with closed eyes and ears snuggling for warmth.

Who could cast them away to death by the litter? Open a cat house where all are welcome. Immediate spay and neuter, no death policy, free adoptions.

Plus, develop a powder that adds to their drinking water to act as birth control for cats. Get the pet food companies to attach a free pack to every bag of cat food sold.

My dream job is physical safety for all cats and kittens waiting for adoption plus outreach to prevent "unwanted pregnancies."

I want to speak for these "meows", whose wild eyes use rich colors from the natural world-night black, sky blue, mountain-lake emerald, cactus green, poppy orange, choral yellow, streaks of amber looking deep into the mystical adage of nine lives.

Learning through service and veterinary training.

Join forces, work with like-minded people, raise money; much of this I've already done. One more step, a college degree in biology, to learn more about caring for cats and to develop the organic powder.

Each cat has nine lives but we don't need each cat to have nine babies!