Changing

The World is ever changing,  Wherever I look I see,     People fighting for their rights: To save their dignity      Americas the land of the free: But thats no longer true    Big Brother monitors all of our moves: They know everything that we do     They make up rules and brand new laws: They tell us what we "can" say      They dont want us to bear arms for protection: And in schools you cannot pray      Ive heard about the simpler times: The way things use to be      You didnt have to pay for cable TV: And stood up for lady Liberty    The roads were safe, the kids could play: No predators to be found       You could go in the store and leave your kids:safely on the playground      Families met at the dinner table: To talk about their day    Fastfood wasnt an option:Home cooking was the only way       Kids rarely played video games:They made up games outside     If they got really bored: they'd take their bike for a ride    All Im saying is its time to slow down: And maybe change our ways      I think it would do the world better: To go back to the good "ole" days!!!

r2424243

Please read my poem and help me get a scholarship!