Dear You

Dear you,

I saw you driving today with a new girl in your car. That car has too many lost memories inside it. From us singing to the radio, first time holding hands, and the first I love you. All lost the moment I slammed that door during our last argument. She covered them up with your new memories. I pulled over to get gas and you pulled up behind me. I tried to ignore you but you asked how I was doing. I wanted to say how watching your new girl and you cover up our memories made me want to cry. But all I said was that you looked happy. You agreed but your eyes still told me a different story. You started to say that you were sorry for that night but she jumped out the truck. You introduced us but gave me no label of an old friend, ex-lover or anything. I quickly turned and said I was late but really I was hiding the tears. I sat in my car and whisper to no one that I still loved you.

But for now goodbye.