Freestyle Poem

70815

She hurts inside, she wishes she wasn't alive, but she is and she doesn't know why.  She ponders every night, is this really life? To be treated lower than an abused animal... at least the dog eats. She goes without eating for days, her alcoholic mother always watching tv trying to erase the pain. She feeds upon the neglection, her scars are infectious. all she wishes it to be loved, and embraced with a single smile. But she's young, she doesn't know what to do so she'll stay there for a while. Her little face said it all, she wasn't amused but she was old enough to know wrong from right, and what they did to her, all bullshit and lies. It wasn't right, she would crawl in a corner and cry every night. The bruises that she try to hide, purple and blue, she couldn't pretend, she needed a friend. But her mother warned her that if she spoke to anybody she would make her disappear forever. The pain didn't finish, until she tried to run away, she didn't know where to run to but she just needed wherever. Somewhere far away from that hell place she called home. So she went along, grew a little older and that's when things  really got tough. She needed money, she tried looking for a job but nobody wanted her because she looked a little rough. She huffed and she puffed and she finally thought that selling her body would really make a change. She was ready, cause she was done with the pain, her mind was going deranged. The sex was okay, but then she upgraded to cocaine, she sniffed her life away. Something was growing inside of her, she didn't want to believe it, she felt really empty so she tried to kill it. She couldn't handle it she was covered in fear. But she knew the baby needed to come out, abortion was her only option, dripped dripped her tears. She lost it all, she felt so abandoned such a dark hole, she couldn't handle it anymore, she injected her happiness. The needle was her new best friend. I reached out to her tried to give her a hand. she took it for a while but she left, without a single sight... she was gone and she left..without saying her last goodbyes.