Heartbreak

I am not going to sit here and pretend that I am okay,

Cause if I am being honest, it really changes and I have to take it day by day.

One day I go to bed smiling and I am still very hopeful for the future and what it can bring,

And other days I picture your face and hear your voice, and it makes my heart sting.

In many ways, part of me will always believe that we were just meant to be together,

And no matter how hard I try, I compare everyone to you, knowing that there is no one better.

I hear your name, and sometimes it makes me smile, but sometimes it can still make me cry,

And someone I work with now has the same name as you, and everytime I have to say it, it makes me sigh.

I still would like to believe that one day I will be saying your name, and it will be directed at you,

But I also realize that that is just a fantasy that will most likely never come true.

It sucks to say, but I know deep down that I will never see you again, as bad as I want to,

And I would have never started talking to you, but it was a shame that I never knew.

I never thought you would have become such an important part of my life,

And facing the reality that you are gone cuts through me like a knife. 

The hot and cold from you is what hurts me the most,

Because I allowed myself to open up and to become so close.

I don't know if you are just as confused as I am or if you just like to play games,

Because one day I think you hate me, but then the next day it feels like you feel the same.

I know I have to move on, and I know that I have to let it go,

But I have so many things that I want to tell you, I just can't bring myself to let you know.

I know it is going to hurt, because I am greiving something that I genuinely thought was going to come true,

But this isn't a fairytale, and if someone doesn't want you, you can make them love you.

The part hurts the most is that you moved away,

Because I will never go out, and hopefully run into some day.

I do believe in signs, and every once in a while something comes through that tells me not to let you go,

But I also know that it is hurting me too much to stay, so I think this is the end of our show.

I never give up on anything that I want, and this is the first time that I have decided to quit,

But I can't do this anymore, and I can no longer keep taking these hits.

I know what you're doing, you like to keep me there until something better comes along,

But I am no one's second choice, and I am not going to let you do me wrong.

Even though it hurts to move on, I know this is what I need to do for me,

Because I always take care of everyone else, but this time I have to allow myself to be free.

I can promise you one thing, I am going to make sure that you regret treating me this way,

And it will be too late, but you will certainly see it one day.

That there is not another who is willing to do for you the things that I did and cares for you the way that I do,

And it is such a shame to know that you are too stupid to see all that I would have done for you.

My heart aches, and I know that it will for a while,

But one day I will be able to move on, and hearing your name will make me smile.

We have so many memories, and one year later I still remember them as if they happened yesterday,

But one day those memories will fade, as you continue to further how far you stray.

It hurts to know that you didn't even want to talk, and left me without any good reason,

But I know that some people come and go, just like the changes of the season. 

Wired6

Great 13Laurend! x

13laurend

Thank you so much!