IF I WERE HIM _GRAHAM GARRICK

Sometimes I look at myself and Jesus, and I think about his great sacrifice so I; try to place myself in his shoes but the gravity of my disappointment gets equated to his shoes

Regardless I ask myself

What would I have done if I were him just him and nothing less. Mentally placing myself in the same conditions here’s what I came up with, here’s what I would have done if were him

If I were him I probably would have given up on me

Taking few steps backwards, leaving me with indifference, would have said I’m unholy hence what’s the essence cause I’ll probably return to my sins and end up dead anyway so what’s the difference

With my mind convicted of my demise

Would have been hard hearted, his mercies enduret for ever but mine wouldn’t have lasted for a week simply because I am weak; Thank God I’m not him

Probably deafened my ears to my cries

Shutting the starts from the skies, dis-illuminating the already dark world removing every form of hope

But instead he made himself my hope

HOPE?  What strange word that is to my ears

Yes that’s because I’m not him

If I were him

I probably would have come to save just to create a name and story for myself satisfying the cravings of my heart, but I guess that wasn’t in his inventory

Because he died in genuity of love

He did with me in heart, my pains and struggles in mind and to my endeavours he was alert

Yeah, yea I give him glory because he did this cost free

And gave me the ultimate gift that is GRACE

Now thanks be unto God who has made me human and not him but ironically still makes me LIKE HIM

He is God and I am Godlike

He says the way I am so are you that’s the reason I do not argue with the world I just TELL IT, basically exercising my authority in he who has saved me

Yeah.

If I were him I doubt I’ll have the courage to die for me

Stick my neck just to make me see

Leave my glory just to make me live

Most of all

Put my father through an emotional roller coaster as to see me being sacrificed for the same ones who towards me remain hostile

I doubt it all

I doubt it all

But one thing is sure

IM NOT HIM

Oh how glad I am that JESUS IS LORD

How glad I am that he came to SAVE ME

How glad I am that he PAID IT ALL yes ALL

In him I’m BLAMELESS

In him I’m SAVED

In him I’m the FRAGRANCE so

In him I am PERSCIVED

Oh GLORY to him who created this world

But yet, is DOMISILE IN ME

For I am the beloved

I am his PRICED POSSESSION.

#GRAHAM-GARRICK