Lesson Learned: Poetry

An outlet to the emotional rim. Giving me the permission to express my innermost thoughts, without ridicule. Although, I can dicuss the norm such as nature, love,or melancholy. This thing called poetry has motivated me to touch the subjects of the unseen perhaps, oppression, religion, or feminsim .  Inspiring me to influence the humans surrounding me with my graceful, rhythmic words. Getting to know and love myself more than before. The medicine to healing all my emotional wounds, making it easier to get through this thing we call "Life". Acccompanied by its highs,and lows. Teaching me to appreciate the beauty of nature, and how simply enjoying the weather can be glorious. My perspective of life has drastically changed. Finally, I see things in a brighter tunnel, instead of a dark, deep funnel. Becoming more optimistic, instead of pessimistic. Following the footsteps of my influences such as Edgar Allen Poe, Maya Angelou, Langston Hughes, and so on. Admring their work with gratitude and humility, has taught me to have a sense of uniqueness when I write.Never to imitate nor duplicate previous works, but  to be creatuve in my own way. To have a sense of openmindedness when witing. Embracing my own witing style, as well as others'. Years of writing Poetry has taught me to give God credit for my passion of witing.,  molding and shaping the person I am today.