Making a Change

Mon, 09/23/2013 - 09:01 -- kjfrank

Some wait and wonder when things will get betterNever casting a vote or sending a letter.Yet complaints flow freely out of their soulBut they don’t participate in life’s role.God gave me a voice so I can speakAnd fight for the life that I so seek.I want to open my ears so I can hearAnd help those around me that shed a tear.I want to open my eyes so that I can seeAll those around me that are in need.To stretch my arms and warm those that are coldNot to live in a shadow but live so bold.I want to fill my heart with all that is kindTo live a life that I can proudly call mine.It’s all up to you to make a changeIt’s all up to you to make a name.It’s all up to you to make it all rightIt’s all up to you to run or to fight.I want to be a person that when my time comesSomewhere in life I have touched someoneIt’s all up to me to make a better tomorrowAnd to set a good example for children to follow.