What Do You See, When You Look at ME

72401

what do you see when you take away my outer appearance and vision me on the inside??
what do you see when you look into my eyes but deep down do you see me crying??
what do you see when you look at me??
am i just the girl that smiles in your face everyday or do the smile hides what i really want to say??
am i just the girl that listen to your problems or do they just floats out my other eardrum??
so tell me what do you see...
you say i am your friend but are the qualities of a good friend present or are they fading away like a crescent??
you say i am your child but are the qualities of a good mother or father present or are they fading away like an ocean tide??
...when you look at me??
do you see a girl whose priorities are a mess or do you see a girl that's destined for success??
do you see a girl whose heart welcomes everyone in or do you see a girl that's only pretend??
what do you see when you look at me??
what do you see when my heart dies does the blood keep running in my body where only a few i love resides??
what do you see when my voice leaves the world for the last time does the sound keep going in and out your mind??
what do you see...
am i just the girl that dribbles a ball or do the ball i dribble release the pain inside??
am i just the girl that swings a bat or do the bat i swing release the fustration built up inside??
when you look at me??
do you see that i am a child of the king, do you see that i am a girl who lives life with dreams, do you see the talent i am blessed with, do you see the heart i open up??
do you see that my dreams are my aspirations, do you see that going to heaven is my destination, do you see the head that i got on my body, do you see the arms i use to open up to everybody??
WHAT DO YOU SEE WHEN YOU LOOK AT ME??? (poems go here)

Poetry Slam: 

hal_coburn

this poem is very good! i really like it and i think you did a great job!