When I feel like I

When I feel like I need you, I remind myself that I believed in God long before I believed in you. I remind myself that I have been praying longer than I've been calling you. I remind myself that I had scripture memorizd long before I had you name memorized. I remind myself that you believed in me the way some people believe in God- when it's convenient for them. I remind myself that even though God might not seem to answer sometimes, neither do you. But which one is giving me the gift of life? I will no longer sing praises of glory to your simple name; instead I will fall in love with the complex beauty of the scripture. You read to me from the Bible one time and now I act like you wrote it. I often forget that you have given up on me many times, but the Lord never does. You are not my God. It's time for me to decide who I should truly be worshipping. The ten commandments say "You shall have no other gods before me" so I am buring down the savior I made you out to be in my mind, and I am reminding from the ashes and reminding myself who believed in me first.