You Are...

You are on my mind from the moment the sky is orange then blue then pink then black and back again. Your eyes have captured the sun and its sisters, the stars, and shines brighter than any of them. Deeper than the night sky. The comfort of the moon, the pull it has on the sky, is that the same as your smile to me. Youre arms wrap arond me like the never ending sky above. You are my sky. Higher than anything on earth to me.

You are the blanket on my bed. You wrap around me for comfort when im in tears. Your soft touch on my skin makes a warm trail across the path you made. The tattered edges mark what we've been through and how much we pushed through to be right here. Patches are there when we have fixed or changed for the better with one anothers help. In the bitter cold of the world you are my warmth. You are my blanket, always there.

You are my home. With a wide open window that let's in the fresh air. Where I go to feel safe. Where I would not want to be anywhere else. Where I bring all my sorrows, tears, smiles, laughter, and joys. You are my home, where I feel safe surrounded by you.

You are my world. The air i breathe, that keeps me alive. You are the smile on my face, that proves im happy. You are my heart, that beats with strength. You are my thoughts and mind, racing back and forth. My feet that walk me into the future. My hands that help me work through my problems. Soul, that brings me up to heaven.

You cause the blush on my cheeks, heart to race, thoughts to halt and my eyes to open every morning.

Patreesh

You are on my mind from the moment the sky is orange then blue then pink then black and back again #Brilliant

ultrabookworm

"Lady, you have poetry in your soul," as my creative writing teacher would say to her favorite students. It's prose, sort of... but it's also a poem in a way. It's a puddle of marvelous words, whatever it's classified as. And it's heartwarming, elegant, and brilliant.

More people should discover you on this site, I think. That would be fair.

RebeccaYSPerez

Thank you so much, it really means a lot to me. I actually might be stealing part of your comment for a poem though... "It's a puddle of marvolous words..." I'm sure I can use that somewhere! To my quote book I go!!! Thank you so much for commenting!

Becca.