You Can be Great Like Mother Nature, Too

On the frosty nights that the moon looms low enough to demand attention, I wonder about her ability to shine through the curtain of clouds. On these same nights I’ve found similarities between humans and, everything else. There is nothing special about the moon except for that she is one and we many. So if you choose to be like something, shine like the moon. Be unwavering in your path and see through the infinite smoke screens that fate will use to test your will, just as the moon has suffered through millions of storms and has never failed in her duties. If you wish, be like the fall trees who shed their bias once a year. Stand tall and firm in your values without easily succumbing to changes in your environment like the evergreens. Flow methodically, leaving life flourishing in all of your travels like the rivers and streams. We are living in a living being not much different than ourselves. Mother Nature’s diary has been published a thousand times over, but only once for each generation. These historic books held sacred in museums and living rooms that are looked upon like Christmas decorations during December were written to explain her secrets, yet have fallen to a fate of being dusted by hormonal teenagers for a measly  allowance. As we explore the oceans with submarines and live in the skies within our towers, I imagine our ancestors looking down upon our capable eyes, embarrassed that we are cowards; unafraid to murder and forget, too arrogant to fall to our knees when we are blessed. Instead, we spend our time hoarding the things that will have no value once we are dead. We must begin to think of “us” and not “me” or “you” because if humans are only a reflection of our environments, then it must hold true that we can be great like Mother Nature, too.