Everyone's process is different, so part of the excerise of writing is to find out how you write. But there are a few things that can’t hurt to keep in mind.
- Don’t be scared of a blank page. Inspiration really is limitless. Look at a blank page for its possibilities.
- The more we write the more we ask ourselves, “is this any good?” I think we all know that quieting the critic in our heads is close to impossible, but its important to be fearless in our writing, and to not let the idea of perfection keep us from writing our personal masterpieces.
- Find what it is that inspires you. Identify what stirs the biggest emotional eruption and put it into words.
- Always, always write for yourself. (It goes without saying)
- Read! The more you read, the more exposure you have the more you open yourself up to what poetry makes possible, and all the possibilities for you to make poetry.