God's Will

Tue, 07/02/2013 - 11:48 -- Dreaj95

The moment my #2 touched that loose leaf Hell froze over

I open the floodgates of emotions

and I released so that I could breathe again

I write because I feel the pain of yesterday

I know the troubles of tomorrow 

and I fear realization of now

I write because I am human so soon I'll be gone

I'll leave a piece of me so I won't be lost in time

and they'll remember not as they knew me but as I told them in my writings

I write because I need to breathe as well 

I have thoughts caused by feelings

and what you throw is felt 

I write because I hurt but I grow 

I whip the tears that life has caused

and I live because that is God's will 

Ashtonpen

It really does pull the reader in. Great job, my fellow friend.

Dreaj95

Thank you so much 

Jovon

Confusion. 
To sin and to repent,
My Will is my destiny,
In which has my loyalty
So, when I steer away,
I some how end back at
Squareone. Deviant. 
I have my faith,
But my flesh possess temptation
Flesh is meek,
So, I am weak,
Life's road is sleek;
however, I will fall, flesh leaks blood,
But my loyalty will never spill. High on a hill,
Embedded in my heart;
Can I reach these scares areas? My loyalty operates within my soul,
The soul has a destiny to ascend,
Just as the flesh's destiny is to burn. Ashes to Ashes
From dusk to dusk
From start to finish
From sins to repentance.

jayderosa2

I love this.

Curtis

God's will is not for us to live. If this were the case what would make us different from any other life form on this world. God's will is simple: to love one another with a sincere heart. The only reason people feel pain is because we bring it upon ourselves. Most people are too consumed with their own short comings and fail to realize the tremendous suffering that is very prevalent in this world today. I urge all individuals to read the story of Jesus in the Bible. Yes, I know most people know this story, but when you read it on your own you will notice that his suffering was not only physical. Nor was Jesus' life on Earth without cause. This is a verse that is directed to anyone who has suffered minimally or greatly:
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, For suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts through the holy spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:3-5.
You see theirs a reason for suffering. We can either chose to learn from it or be consumed by It. So, don't use your past to define how you feel, rather know you have overcome it and be satisfied. Do not ponder to much on the future for it is not here yet. Live in the moment and act upon what you see happening around you. I have found that true joy comes when I give love to others, so I do every time I come into contact with people. Also, the knowledge that Jesus overcame the world when all he received was hate, betrayal, and heartache truly inspires me to take action with what I have been given. Jesus looked beyond these things and found the potential in us to love. And so we are given love from the Father too not conceal it, but to share it with all so God does not have to witnesses the frivolous pain we put ourselves through. He will comfort us through the Holy Spirit and answer our cries through Jesus, but only if you chose to love all, sincerely, in God's will.
By the way, when I said live in the moment, if you didn't fully perceive this statement correctly, here's an explaination: do not live in the moment now; live in the moment forever.
This is not a critique on this poet, or criticism of this poem. Rather, this is a response to view that could better influence an individuals perpective, that is, in my opinion. I just want anyone who is reading this to be aware that they can make a significant change in this world, for the better, no matter what the circumstances might be in their life. Because too many people don't care to put in the effort for others. To the poet: Thanks for the opportunity to show my view on this subject because this would have never been posted without the inspiration of your poem to write this. have a wonderful evening.

annapinault

mmmhmmmm. yes.

Onelove_JC

Like it alot. I can relate alot to this poem.  Good Job.

aspearman

Written well, love it ! God Bless :)

abilicious

You have touched the piece of my heart that many do not get to see. You have awakened the reasons I once had for writting...purely for the enjoyment it brought me. I have forgeten how good it felt to get this urgent need to put down on paper these feeling that have felt trap, and out of reah of the outside world. What I can not say aloud, I write out for i fear if they do not get their chance to shine....they shall find others means of escape.

Dreaj95

Thank you for sharing that with me

ben.h.davis

Can I get an Amen?? Good work stud!

ben.h.davis

We are aiming to please

Ourselves.

We are aiming to apease 

Ourselves.

All we really do is tease

Ourselves

The standards we set for 

Ourselves

Are Outright Outrageous.

Girls must be models?

Guys must pop bottles?

Its like we're wearing goggles,

that were maid by a culture.

It's tearing US apart like a vulture.

Cause we're chasing unmeetable standards

Wanting to have all the answers

and at the same time be "cool" and get hammered

See We're chasing success and approval

So we cover up with Masks. unremovable.

If only you knew God made you beautiful...