Who Are You?

Many people will ask, "Who are you." Well the answer is simple who do you want to be? However who you want to be and who you are are not the same until you have the courage to make it that way. I was twelve years old when I realized that this world is a harsh place. I got made fun of because I was too fat for society. I got made fun of because I was to weak to fit in society. I was made fun of because I did not look like society. Well guess what I would like to be able to say it didn't bother me and that it didn't make me cry myself to sleep for three years. But that would be lying and I do not intend to lie to you. Words do hurt like burning nails getting nailed deeper and deeper every time I heard them. Until the point where it would shatter me. I can't lie and say I was strong, I was like glass constantly being shattered by those arrogant enough to call me ugly, or fat, or useless. But that is not important now that is not why I am here. I am here to tell you that it is possible to overcome this torture like reaching the top of Mount Everest. The struggle to get there nearly broke me but the finish improved me. I fought my struggle with sarcasm and hatred. I showed those who hated me that I didn't care and I inflicted physical pain to make up for my endless emotional pain. However, I grew up I grew smart I realized that the world does not revolve around words and that they are meaningless without actions to back them up. I spread my knowledge and decided if I was nice others would follow. I found others like me but they do not know what struggles I've faced and I do not know what struggles they faced but I know that after all these years of building walls to protect my self that I was wrong so I tore them down and welcome the world in a warm embrace. After my struggles and false alarms I have finally concluded who I am. I am smart, I am kind, and I am optimistic. This may seem like an opinion to you but to me it is who I am so the question remains, "Who are you?"