A blank slate fills

A blank slate fills the darkness like the forgetfulness that old age bringsIt's like trying to recall the name of the last your highness when your living in the 21st centuryAnd for a moment you are lost in trance thinking of nothing but how you want to danceYour muscles limp your body numbYour mind, your mouth, your teeth, your toungeThe bridge is gone the connections broken for a moment words remain unspokenThen you take a breath and count to three you open your eyes to theoretically seeThe light flows in the feelings gone Your heart your head go back to jobsOf pumping blood and getting by keeping what society needs alive Those who search for light in the face of darkness are those quick to fight lacking sharpnessThe dark can hide your outer flaws but you can't escape your soul with wallsIn the darkness you can truly see not what's around you but in your seedThe seed that lies within your core storing more than facts and scoresIt houses insecuritiesYour hopes, your thoughts, your wishes dreamsSo dwell in darkness let down your hairCause light will hide what darkness bears.