Agent Orange

The war was before our time
the americans so very proud
Vietnam the color of lime.

Heroic soldiers dipped in grime
the Vietnam people overcrowd
what a gruesome crime

Both sides began to climb
then came the napalm cloud
then the lasting dewy slime.

Agent Orange oh, sublime
both sides gravely vowed
such an atrocious crime.

Their garish screams all do chime,
both fighting screaming loud,
the war at it's horrendous prime.

Both fighting oh so loud,
agent orange oh sublime.
Then came the napalm cloud
the act is over, all have bowed.

RebeccaYSPerez

Poems whose topics are mainly historic, I find, have always been very impactful. They always land a punch because you know that these things have happened. It is a part of history that we either knew, or didn't know, about. I enjoy these poems often because I know that they are great way to teach, and solidify out thoughts, on these events. It's a great, and powerful, way to share our feelings on them as well. I want to also take this chance to thank you for speaking on a topic that isn't touched on much these days, the Vietnam War. During its happening there were so many people who had for the first time seen war on their television sets, people who rallied and protested against it. Nowadays, people like to pretend it had never happened. Nowadays, we have become so glassy-eyed to war. I want to thank you for sharing your poem and tell you that you were able to resonated with at least one reader.

Rebecca