All is Vanity

The burden and weight have come overwhelmingly again

Instead this time there is no relationship to mendBecause there is no relationship. This time I'm learning and by jealousy nobody's respect am I earningand I have to not be jealous For how could I try possessing someone as if I owned them?We are just two people who have exchanged information about our common groundsand I am just a desperate fool seeking out love  I was once told that if it's the right person, but the wrong timeits the wrong personso I must learn to be patient But in that I must not exclusively see her as the only oneas I've done in times pastbecause that can really hurtand I'm not that strong God will provide.Matthew six testifies to thatand I am so immature in my thinking Idols are the corruption of man's heartand this one calls out to me when I'm sleepingand when I'm waking, walking, thinking, and drinking Idols promise to satisfy without a reason they permit the liethat in view of God, there is something better And I so often listen and like a kindergartner who thinks they can fly in my vain attempts I try Substituting all that God has for me for simple indulgenceof love, security, and pleasure instead of Him, a sinful measure Be my affections O' Lordand drown out my pursuitsbring me to You and You only