Another Love Poem

Teenage love will come and goI promise you, for this I know.He'll come along and make you smileThen turn around and seem so vile.He'll make you promises of his loveAnd you will treat him as something from aboveBut when he goes to college a new side comes outThis will leave you with nothing but heartache and doubtYou hear awful rumors that couldn't be trueIt turns out that all along he was playing youAll you want is for his love to be realAt this point, you think your heart won't ever healFor how could someone you love treat you so badly?He knows you would do anything for him, gladly.The time has come for a change in your livesWill you stay together? Will you survive?But at last, all things must endSo now it's time to start your mendIt won't be easy, in fact, quite hardBut no one wants a love that they must guardYou'll see him out and fake a smileBecause you remember when he was yours for a while