Be Brave

Their piercing eyes look straight at me. I keep walking forward and never looked at any of them. Who are their piercing eyes? It is society. I cannot tolerate people judging others because of their race, color, and the community in where others have come from.  It is true we do have free speech that is a gift that was earned. It seems now it has worn off and others are taking advantage of it. It is used for speaking your mind but what it isn’t meant for, is discriminating others and hate speech.

To be honest I deal with discrimination up until I was born and even in present. It’s hard to live like this, to be made fun of because of my skin color and my heritage. It’s absolutely amazing how others think taunting others who don’t have “qualities” of a perfect person is alien-like and ugly.  I used to take the hateful comments about my facial features and how I looked so different form everyone else. That problem was all in the past.                                                              

I’ve learned to stand up for myself I’m not the same girl from 12 years ago who stood quietly trying not to cry. I am now a young woman who doesn’t accept the games of society and the vile words that are  thrown towards her face. I stand proud and tall for my beliefs and nobody can take that away. For the urge to change discrimination is a true desire of mine.