THE CLOCK!

Fri, 08/30/2013 - 18:30 -- nnw21

I walked for a long time, from when the seed was planted until after it grew, then I continued to walk. As the destination I was aiming for got closer I realized I was further away. So I stopped, turned, looked all around and the only thing visible was a bright red trail. Confused as to why it appeared be following me, I looked down. To something of my surprise I had no feet and was heading not a place. All my hard work, dedication, and resilience meant nothing! My dreams were just that, DREAMS! The attempt to muster a scream saddened me and the actuality of doing it upset me. How much blood must I bleed? How much tears must I cry? Screams must I yell, before the trapped bubble I live within frees me? The path I walk happens to be one with a very cold degree so I bundle up only to feel the winds sharper than the station predicted. I followed the compass yet ended up nowhere and footless, I followed the forecaster’s predictions yet froze as the winds were sharply cold. What I learned, time has no real meaning but to tick!                                                                   NNW 01/31/2013 
For more of my work
http://cola21.thoughts.com/

follow me on Twitter@NicoleNoelW
Www.Shanequacharles.com