The Curse of Knowledge

Tue, 06/17/2014 - 22:03 -- sstrass

Knowledge is a curse. 

You see the hatred that ignorance creates, the trickiness of finding a trusted source. The harm caused by those who don't understand nor look to understand others. 

You have opinions based on facts, and others have theirs based on falsehoods. Yet to try and engage them in learning of what you know, they will not listen. You cannot teach the unwilling. 

They ask "who do you think you are?" They bury their heads and stick to their views. 

But everything connects. 

Views affect who we support in government, the government then affects the issues, like vaccines or stem cell research or war or even interest rates for student loans, this can affect who gets educated, thus the next cycle of life.

We must realize that the intolerant, inflexible minds are now the illiterate. 

As once was quoted  "In this century, the illiterate are not those who cannot read, but rather those who can't learn, unlearn, and relearn"

We must endure the abuse that comes with trying to raise those around us up to be our peers. This is our duty, if not for our generation then for the next. 

Never give up on the mission, to seek the truth and to reveal the truth for the best for the world.

xDaedalus

:) Really enjoyed this.

sstrass

Thank you very much, I'm so glad you liked it