Dance is Life

Dance is my safe haven. It is a place where I can speak freely, whatever the expression. From my first step to my last leap, I enter a different plane of existence, travelling to a location that, in my eyes, is out of reach to the rest of the world. 

In everyday life, I often feel like I cannot control anything in my life and it's easy to feel like everything is spinning out of control. It feels sometime as if everything is so much bigger than me, and my job is to survive it all. However, when I dance, those movements, those turns, those steps are mine, and they are my creation. 

At times, I struggle to put words together because my thoughts are usually too much for me to harness. I hate crying, so instead I shake with frustration until my eyes leak out. In some instances, anger takes hold and I struggle with sharing this emotional expression. 

But, when I dance...when I dance it all makes sense. Those moments I couldn't talk turn into lyrical contemporary pieces, long extensions, and arm stretches. Those times when I was ready to cry, I create abstract modern shows...heads between knees, curling twists and elbows. And anger...anger is the most exciting; stomping out my aggression, followed by the grace of my contracting. Dance is my voice, my vehicle for sharing me with the world.Dance is my safe haven. It is a place where I can speak freely, whatever the expression. From my first step to my last leap, I enter a different plane of existence, travelling to a location that, in my eyes, is out of reach to the rest of the world.

I want to start building connections, because I feel the world has gone so far away from that. If I can get to the level where I can affect, relate to, and touch people simply through the experience of movement, then I will have achieved a significant accomplishment. Truly, I want to show everyone the power of dance!

So, welcome to my life. I decorate it with emotion, design it with expression, and experience it with no regret. I speak the language of dance and movement, and hope to converse passionately and eloquently with the world.