Dear Daddy..

Hey Daddy,

I remember those days you know when I was younger. When you and mom were together. I remember how we'd sit and watch scary movies, eating chips with hot sauce. How you'd always try to do my hair in the morning for school because ma had to go in early. Everything was good. We were all happy until that day you walked out. I was only three, maybe four but I remember. I remember when you and mommy got divorced. Why? That was my main question. Why? What had gone so wrong that made you leave us? What did I do wrong? When you left why did you stay gone? Why you only come to get me from time to time? Sometimes not even at all. Was I the reason that you walked out? To be so young and so heart broken. I blamed myself for those nights that ma would be in the other room crying hoping that I wouldn't hear. It broke me even more to see her broken. At such a young age I was already damaged. For so many years I would blame myself for it all. I just wanted to know. Well Daddy, I guess that's all.

Love, Babygirl.