Fear-N-ME( THE LOVE FOR HER)

This disease put fear in my heart and I'll tell you why because it took the life of one I loved so much. It was a disease that could attacked your body and it could ruin anyones state of mind, this disease could appear or disappear at any moment and cause destruction. It took away the smile of a gentle and kind woman who never would harm anyone or anything and this woman had children, brothers, sisters, and my siblings and me. This disease destroyed her body and caused her to have pains in her chest and day after day. She would fight back as if she had drank from a foutain of youth. She would smile and kiss me on my forehead and hand me a cookies and a carton of juice, this woman was my grandmother who died from a malicious disease. This disease was known as cancer and it's intent was no good because everyday she felt her my heart felt as if it was being ripped out of my chest. The first time she had this disease I had just come into this world and she had beaten this disease and you could see the feeling of happiness no victory upon my grandmother's face it was as if she had never been ill before. Years past on and so did seasons and my brother and sister soon where born, I had someone else to play with and tease when ever I felt bored. Everthing in my life was right and sun would never stop shinig in my eyes. It seems that my happiness would not last for long my brother and sister grew fast, and began to walk and talk. Years had past and the seasons changed once more but, this was the last time I saw my grandmother. My family was going to move to Florida the next week so for the weekend my siblings and I spent as much time as we could with our grandmother, so we laughed and played and set up camp outside under the beautiful glowing stars but we did not go far we camped out in her back yard. Giggling, telling ghost stories, and making smores and my grandmother look as happy as she could have been with a never ending smile but I had no idea how ill she had been. The next morning the sun rose and warmth of the sun filled me with happiness and put a smile on my face but, I felt a little sad because I had to leave my grandma in Michigan. I know Florida is fun and is has Diney Land but, Florida did'nt have my grandma. So my siblings and I heatrs filled with sorrow when my mother drove upon the gravel road to my grandmothers home, she knocked at the door and told us it was time to go our plane was leaving in a few hours and she had to finish packing our clothes. My brother and sister walked outside and their eyes had filled with tears but, I had climbed my grandmothers hip and I began to weep she told me I'll miss you and her eyes began to fill with tears as she let me go and I got in the car. A few hours later my siblings and I had borded our flight with fear in our hearts we where excitied about Disney Land, all the food and art and we'd hope making new friends was going to be a breeze but, soon after we landed we travled to our hotel room and fell asleep. For the next few days we had been busy going to school and my mother was preparing to start her job at Disney Land and we had almost forgotten about our home in Michigan. The next day which was a Wednesday I remeber it well my family and I had gotten a call that had broken our hearts my grandmother had past from that malicious disease it had comeback. I wote this peom to explain how I felt about the loss of my grandmother at a young age and I want to raise cancer awareness for children at any age I want everyone to realize that cancer is not a joke it should be taken seriously and it needs to be stoped. Funds need to be raised and people need to know that their are many types of cancers and some of them are unknown. After all the pain I've had in all my life nothing cmapres to the pain I felt when my grandmother had died of cancer. In the end I had to smile in her memory and not cry but, soon my heart filled with sorrows once more because I had found out that my mother had this disease and beat it once. I have a fear that it will return but,  God willing it never does because I would"nt know what to do. I pray everyday for my mother that this horiffic disease will never come back and she'll she be like my grandma because her face will be filled was the feeling of happiness no victory.  

vonmarqui

This poem almost made me cry as I read it one last time

Grant-Grey Porter Hawk Guda

Powerful expression!