Galactic Onions

There’s this fraction of truth that people always allow you to see of themselves- a crack into the open heart of who they actually are. Most people see that glimpse of a smile that shines out from the darkness, but I think that I see more than what I’m supposed to, most of the time. I think it’s a gift…or a curse.

I tend to care about people a lot because of it. I’m a sucker for the whole wounded bird thing. Here, let me fix your wings and help you fly again. Only the issue is, I tend to care more than they do, and then I get hurt. The ones who love the most are always the ones that end up getting hurt in the end.

In the same way that real recognizes real, fake recognizes fake, and I can see them, because I’ve worn that same smile.

We’re always pretending like everything’s okay, but the truth is, people are fragile, and people break, and it’s way more common than people let on. We all go through these times when we need help- when we need a little support. And I’ll be the first to say, having to rely on someone else sucks. It does. Especially when, your whole life, you’ve felt like you had to be good enough and you had to be strong enough for everyone else but yourself.

I think letting people know what your feeling is strength, and letting people know you need help is courage.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to shatter the porcelain veneers that hide us and let people see the galaxy inside, no matter how vast. Some people might understand the profoundness. More people than you think actually.

There are so many layers to us all that none of us have discovered. We might have more layers in common than we think.