I am from

I am from family being my life. From being an only child but not being a lonely child. Cousins that fulfill my life with memories, love, fights, and laughter.

I am from caring loved ones who would take a bullet for you. Even fight for you. From people who don’t make the best decisions, but mean well. Every phone conversation is a long conversation about your life story and not hanging up till you say “I love you”

I am from ghetto people. Where listening to Tupac and Snoop Dogg is a tradition on christmas. From the only good music is from the 80’s and 90’s and old school is where it is at.

I grew up with sarcasm and the best sense of humor. Not a day goes by where your not laughing like hyenas. Where your new nicknames are Chubaca, Stank, and Poop stain. Where your sarcasm is the way of showing you love someone.

I am from independence. Don’t lower yourself for someone else. Anything you do, you do for yourself and can accomplish yourself.

I am from around the world. Going to pow-wows to Quinces to Cinco De Mayo to American celebrations. Eating fry bread, enchiladas, and hamburgers.

I am from sunshine and happiness. I never let clouds cover my sky. When you fall down, you lift yourself back up.

I am from heat to freeze. The best of both worlds in Minnesota. From shoveling snow to raking leaves and mowing the grass.