I am Light

Tell me what kind of darkness could ever dim a light?  Only the light can dim itself.  I dimmed my radiance to blend in with the shadows .  I rolled in the mulch to fit amongst the grime of the world.  Does a diamond lose value after its fallen into the mud?  Does a tear lose its validity when too many others have fallen?  Does a woman lose her worth when she decides not to recognize it?  Does a Queen lose her royalty when her King is dethroned?  Who am I?  Why am I?  I never knew how beautiful I was until I saw it first.  And I cried.  I was beautiful  and with every ugly hand and every foul mind and every cold heart I ever allowed to touch my light, defiled my loveliness.  I was divine in all aspects.  I curse the first man that allowed me to throw away my crown and sleep in the gutters for years and years to come.  I was a brilliant blaze that substituted gasoline for water What if I knew I was Magnificent before I knew what "magnificent" meant? What if my light continued to shine with the same intensity forever? For the darkness of ugliness cannot swallow the Earth whole  because as long as there is beauty in light,  there is beauty in the world.