I am in Pain

Sun, 03/17/2019 - 12:14 -- ulyssab

im in pain and I don’t know how to hide it anymore. I used to be so good. I would smile and blush. I would laugh at the jokes. Id cringe my nose and the silly and awkward comments. Id laugh soft and flirtatiously and the boys and laugh loud and hard with the girls. Id giggle when someone says something wrong. Id rave about how liberal I was. Id go on and on and about being a strong feminist. Id talk for days about how our president is a horrifying creature. I did it all right. I played the game. The game of life. But I can’t seem to cover that bleeding heart. The heart of mine which is filled with anger and sorrow. I can not seem to hide what I really feel anymore. I bite my lip to hide the pain , to hide the sorrow, to hide the anger. But it all wants to come out in screams. My pain is seeping from my pores and there is nothing I can do to hide from it. I am in pain

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'}

ulyssab

This poem is about allowing yourself to feel the pain that you are going through. Most of us don't allow ourselves to just feel and break down because we are looked at as weak but it is healthy to just let it all out sometimes.