I hate poetry

Poetry.
An art, an expression, an author’s puzzle to allow a reader to understand them and perhaps make a connection.
Why?
I don’t get it. Just say what you need to say.
I have found most poems can be summed up in one sentence, but instead the author chooses to use symbols, metaphors, hyperboles, personification, and so on to confuse, stump, and create a lot more thought than I ever wanted to put into English class.
Life.
Everything on this earth can be put into three categories. Alive, dead, and inanimate. A beautiful thing the balance between the three are.
Why?
There is something so awe-inspiring about this journey people travel of discovering life and its meaning. To discover it takes time, thought, delving into the inter-workings of what is going on around every individual. 
Perspective.
I love life. I hate poetry.
But Why?
My perspective, schooling made me see poetry as an inconvenient piece of writing that consisted of hours rattling my brain to discover someone else’s.  Life is cherished by most people it cannot be taught, only guided, and every person has a completely different perspective on it. What an amazing gift, life. 
Poetry, what I failed to realize was that poetry is not something that could be taught only experienced and my perspective was what dictated my ability to see that.
I hate Poetry.
Not because of the pieces of works with this title but because of the lack of understanding of what it truly is. All about perspective.