Leave

For one moment in time, I had felt that everything in the world would tear apart. But at the same time everything made sense in a terrifyingly gruesome way. She told me this "There will come a time when every single human being will feel compelled to leave. And sometimes at the same time they feel obligated to stay. For three reasons, 1. Being that they can only remember all of the good things and so they forget why they should leave in the first place. 2. They are afraid that it's the end. They fear maybe they will never find another, they think that great things only happen once. And lastly 3. They fear the loneliness in solitude.. But what a lot of people don't know is that 1. Loneliness is sure as hell one of the most empowering feelings a person can feel, 2. People change. That person might not be the same person you fell in love with; there's really nothing you can do but accept that people change, and move on. And 3. Taking the very first step to freedom sometimes feels like falling down an entire stairway, but at the end of the day your steps will only create your journey that you are destined to lived, which indeed means that yes, there will be others.. So leave. Get out of there. Toxicity will only burn you alive if you choose to stay somewhere where there is no fresh air. There is an entire world out there, and if you're afraid to leave this box you call a house, well then my dear you are never going to see that world. So if you ever need to leave, do. I can't blame you, and I won't stop you. Do what the hell makes you happy and do not care what I, nor what anyone thinks. You've got to have your own back sometimes kid, because in the end, you're all that you're going to have.."

-m.c.-