Let the election's rain fall

St. Louis Senior High School
554
Ghana

And that is how it all started: Kwame Nkrumah and his diligent compatriots succeeded in'Self Government Now'—the dream of Ghana's independence.With freedom and justice enshrined in our coat of arms, granted were we the right to choose. Choose a leader from parties A, B, C, and D, among many others.Either under duress, with a gun pointed to your throat to quicken your selection; Sweat running down your forehead, fidgeting there and then.Or - in the secrecy of the balloting booth with zero pressure.Elections are like long and short dashed circles; Around the circumference are pauses of coup d'etats and the greed of long-ruling dictators.Now let's put all this discourse about the origins aside.I'm not here today to talk about Ghana during the first three republics;Busia and Limann have done their bit.However, the Ghanaian youthful population takes up a large percentage, unlike the older people.We that are vibrant with the touch of ink to vote at the polls.    The politician is like the Devil; she promises health and wealth. Yet, give her a chance, and you will find one million dollars in her chambers.   Or you are given a parliamentary speech based on a snake swallowing the money for roads.  Ha ha, I no no say Juju and Politics don become siblings o.During past elections, I peep through my window and notice the youth waste their lives.Burning ballot papers, and end up consumed in their burning furnace themselves.Funny enough, not for a good cause but for people who won't bother if they slip awayThose would laugh, squander money and eat meat; O, bloody cannibals!   Not a little upkeep for the mother who has to face the burial of her careless young alone.     The youth's past now in his old age should not be, "Had I known is always at last."Being a youth means being wise and productive.Lucky are we that Ghana is a very peaceful African village: our nation's democracy stands tall and bright, and on election day- we always assemble to unite.The ballot box is a symbol of our liberty and stands.With pride and conviction, know that your vote is a powerful tool that can affect our nation in a powerful way. Don't just choose due to your love for party A or D. Thus, blinding your vision.On the 7th of December this year, make an informed decision for our future; choose you.