LIES OF A CHILD HIDDEN IN WORDS OF SILENCE

"The worst lies are the lies we tell ourselves. We live in denial of what we do, even what we think. We do this because we're afraid. We fear we will not find love, and when we find it we fear we'll lose it." -Tsukiko

It’s funny when you think about it, but I guess it's just human nature to want something so bad, we run from it and deny ourselves the happiness we've always wanted. It's truly hilarious that we, as adults, behave like children in a way that even children are confused by us. Why do things get complicated as we progress from children to adults? Or are we the ones complicating things? For the children and the elderly, things are as simple as a one letter word. I miss the days when I could say the words "I like you" or "I love you" without any form of embarrassment or worry. "Childhood truths" I call them. "Innocence"... a time, within a time, where things were simple. Where lies were a fairytale and the truth was all you knew. Where the bad guys always lose and the good guys always get the "happy ending". When you only feared the boogie-man and not the thought of saying, out loud, how you feel to the world. People say you gain things when you grow older, but I think we forget the most important things and lose out on something wonderful... only to gain it back when we are senior citizens. it's quite a comedy, we are so afraid of saying "goodbye" we lie to ourselves and delay our own happiness. Is this what it means to be an adult? No words, not even a struggle against being held back from yourself, by yourself? Too afraid to travel far or love deep. I guess it's excusable. So let’s blame it on human nature, for we are too ashamed to take the blame. Laughable, we adults who carry lies of a child hidden in words of silence...