Louder

The turn.

The weather.

The car.

What went wrong?

He didn’t know.

No one did.

An exhilarating rush

gone awry.

The ear splitting engine

propelled the vehicle as

the suspension failed,

leading him to his demise.

The tires released loud screams.

The race car barreled off the Barrier.

Without explanation, the car stops in the track

The onlookers stood still,quietly, in shock.

Flames. Engulfing the entire race car.

Shrapnel. Littering the pencil-thin track.

Enemies rushing to save his life.

This is F1 Racing.

jory.conr

Before tearing apart this poem thinking it's only about "some dumb wreck," think about how this wreck can be applied to today's world concept.

This poem is about Niki Lauda's crash in 1976 in Germany. At that time, drivers were men who basically did this racing thingy for fun. They did it because they thought, "Hey, if I can get women, cheaper cigarettes, alcohol, and go fast for money.... Shoot. Sign me up." These men were free-spirited drunkards who only cared if they beat the bloke in the car beside them. Men hated men. They didn't care. Plain and simple.

Then came Lauda. This man took this sport as a job. No fun thing to do between women and booze, this was a paycheck. And he got dang good at it. Along with great skill came great prosperity. He developed many many enemies, it's probably safe to say that almost everyone respected him, but wanted nothing to do with him..

Then his 1976 wreck came. It almost took his whole career away. And when you watch the film, you clearly see the next three drivers come and try to pull him out of the burning ball that once was his car.

This can be our world today, if we choose to take that route.

So many people are in Louda's position. They oppose us in the manner that we have carried on. They think differently. If we take the approach of the many drivers before Lauda's big accident, we tear eachother apart. We fight, bicker, and become sworn enemies like many already have. Or we can take the approach of those three drivers and see those that oppose us for what they are, brothers in the same fight. This is Life. This is what we are supposed to do with it. We are to help those that have fallen before us, and walk with them instead of using them as wobbly stepping stones on our way to the top. 

This is what I'm calling you to do. Stand up. Help your brother.