//

I haven’t seen Love in a long time // She was afraid that I might get a broken heart again // Love was careful with me as if I was some fragile vase // She took me into her arms and spoke softly, “Soon. It will come soon,” // So, I waited // I waited a long time, but I was a patient child since // Love told me she will appear again // I sometimes think Love was wrong // I spoke aloud, “Am I not worthy for you Love? Do I not deserve you?” // No response // Love was somewhere, but not here // Not here with me where she is supposed to be // She has lied, but // I will wait some more // I have Hope // Hope is slowly dying he can’t hold on any longer // “Do not fret my child; I have some. I have been saving it,” spoke Hope I sit here waiting for Love // I sometimes breakdown in tears because I can’t take being alone and cold // No sun is here. It does not rise up and say hello to me // The clouds and grey sky will be here for a while // I’m about to take off, but I stop in my tracks // Squinting my eyes looking in the distance // ‘Is that light?’ I thought to myself // I set off walking and slowly going into a sprint // I wasn’t getting any closer // There were black figures trying to get my attention // One grabbed my arm I tried to get away, but once I looked into their eyes I was lost // “Is that you Love?” I thought so. // We walked away from that shining light // Little did I know that deceitful figurine is a lie and I was getting sucked in again